Spring 2013. Like every spring, there are new challenges. No matter how you plan things out, things never work as you had planned all winter. On March 30, 2013, while doing maintenance on our 1020 John Deere, I found antifreeze in the oil. My heart sank! No, not now! Luckily I have some mechanical background and within 48 hours I had the engine completely torn down and found there were seals leaking. I quickly ordered a complete rebuild kit and worked on my days off getting the engine back together again. April 18, I had the tractor running again but I lost valuable time on the farm. Time slated for work in the greenhouse with tomato plants and time for prepping the plot for the small vineyard. The tomato plants should have been transplanted 10 days ago but since they were not, they shot up and got leggy. Oh no! The grape vines were delivered a week ago but not being ready for them, I put them in the fridge in the workshop to keep them dormant. Anyone working on a small farm, with a small business or with mother nature knows how frustrating it can be. We keep pushing forward.